History of Clemson Blue Key
Blue Key is Clemson University’s oldest and most respected honor society. The Clemson chapter of Blue Key is among the nation’s oldest chapters with continuous active membership since its inception in 1932. Blue Key was founded at Clemson College on March 21, 1932 under the leadership of President Enoch W. Sikes and has over 1,400 members.
Throughout the years, the top one percent of student leaders and scholars appear on the rolls on Blue Key. It recognizes outstanding students in terms of scholarship, leadership, and service to the university and community. Blue Key members have continued to be outstanding leaders and professionals who have made contributions in all walks of life. It recognizes upperclassmen and graduate students from every college of the university for their meritorious campus performance and honors them with continued leadership opportunities to promote the high ideals of education, citizenship, and service through the auspices of Clemson University.